Last Saturday (Nov. 29) we planted a pecan tree on our farm in memory of Asa. The consevartion department was nice enough to give us a tree to plant in our baby's memory. I know that we will enjoy the pecans each year and we will always have the tree as a memorial to Asa.
On Friday (Dec 5) we put a Christmas blanket out on Asa's grave to keep him warm this winter. We also decorated the vases with fresh cedar tree branches and red holly berries from the farm. I am planning to add some red bows to the vases and solar powered Christmas lights when they come in. I have them on order but they have not made it here yet. I have attached a few pictures of the grave blanket.
Mike and I decided that after everything we had been through in the past few months that it would be nice to get away for the weekend. We took a trip this past weekend to St. Louis and stayed at a luxury hotel with an indoor hot tub. We stayed near the italian community and enjoyed their wonderful cusine (Yum) for both lunch and a very nice dinner. Although we did not really do a whole lot it was nice to just get away together. This was the weekend our little Asa was expected to make his appearance into this world. The day was not as bad a I had expected it to be and spending it together made it easier beacuse we had each other to lean on. Mike has been so wonderful to me through all of this. I know that he is hurting too, but he is always there to help me and hold me. I don't know what I would do without him. I love him sooo much.
I am now working on getting Christmas cards in the mail. Hopefully I can get them out before Christmas!! Guess I better get busy!
Here are the pics of Asa's Christmas blanket.


Glad to get the update on things. Been thinking about the 2 of you alot lately. Glad you got to get away for a bit. I know you needed that. The decorations look very nice. Asa is looking down on you thinking, wow, I have amazing parents who love me very much. Hang in there, we love you!
ReplyDelete